The Glove Theatre, built-in 1914, is a hidden treasure in downtown Gloversville, New York. The Glove Theatre was originally designed as an 800-seat theater that could show an array of performances, from vaudeville, concerts, and ultimately movies. It did not originally have a grand marque, but in 1939 the current marque was installed to resemble other local theaters. Through the 1950s, it was one of the largest theater venues in Fulton and Montgomery Counties, and thereafter ran movies until closing in the 1970s. Since 1995, the theater has been maintained by a local group of volunteers. More recently, The Glove Theatre has hosted performances and artists such as Sawyer Fredricks and Beatle Mania.
Glove Theatre Mission Statement
To establish an accessible platform of expression for the arts that engages, entertains, and educates the regional community to foster talent and economic development opportunities for the Southern Adirondack and Mohawk Valley regions.
Glove Theatre Vision
Operate the region’s premier historic entertainment venue specializing in live productions across multiple platforms while nurturing a strong relationship with community-wide collaborators.
Quality, Inclusion, Diverse, Approachable, Historic, Community-Driven, Engaged, Organized, Strategic, Efficient, Civic Pride
Our Board of Directors
James Hannahs, President
Alex Miller, Vice President
Aaron Enfield, Treasurer
Gianna Taylor, Secretary
Sharon P. Poling
Michael Maricondi, General Manager
42 North Main Street
Gloversville, New York 12078